Friday, August 7, 2009

Watney on Smoltz

Heidi Watney just reported that the Red Sox made the "tough decision" to release John Smoltz. If that's a tough decision, what would constitute an easy decision? "Guys, Mr. Epstein has decided to remove the arsenic-infused caesar salad from the postgame spread. Hope nobody has a problem with this decision."

Beckett is on. But he is not cute. That's the official scoring decision from the Ambassador's wife.

Nice throw, Jorge. Keep it up.

I'm still on beer No. 1. Probably why I'm not that into this blog thing yet. Then again, I'm not really into this beer thing tonight. But I'll follow last night's formula. Porter, Lager, Black & Tan, Light.

Cano leads off the third against Beckett. Always used to hear his swing compared to Rod Carew's. I hadn't heard that for a while, but Orsillo just brought it up. Is it really that uncanny? I was only 12 when Carew retired, but I did see him play many times, including at least once in person. I really don't see it. Mattingly reminded me more of Carew, but I think I just broke the Cardinal Rule of Sports Comparisons, which states that one cannot liken a white athlete to a black athlete and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment