Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just finished eating. Paused the game on DVR while cooking, so I'm 14 minutes behind. Therefore my posts will be behind until I catch up.



In a related story, it took me three tries to get the charcoal lit with the chimney starter. Finally got it going good. Actually, too good. Burnt the crap out of all four burgers. I don't think it's anything physical, but I may have to go to Scranton to work on my mechanics.



Meanwhile, Posada just cost the Yankees a run by not running hard from third to home on Swisher's would-be RBI single, and by basically copping a feel on Victor Martinez coming to the plate, rather than sliding or running him over. Looked like a big sissy. This, combined with that pathetic effort Friday night in Chicago in which he tried to rush a double play instead of making a sure out at home, tagging a runner with his glove while the ball was in his throwing hand. Needless to say, I'm not very happy with our catcher right now.

But at least he doesn't start fights while wearing his catcher's mask, unlike Boston's cowardly catcher. Excuse me -- backup catcher.

That's a huge run -- at least one run -- that the Yankees just gave away. Looks even more huge now that Dustin Gaedel has hit a Yankee Stadium cheapie. I'd advocate Joba drilling Pedroia, but the target is so small he might take 50 pitches to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment