Sunday, September 20, 2009

I was just about to roast Chris Berman on this site for mistaking the term "LP." I thought I heard Berman say, in relation to LP Field, "I got about 400 LPs -- pounds." Of course, that would be LBs. But, upon further review, the ruling is that Berman actually said he has 400 LPs -- albums."

Right on.

But if you're looking for an ESPN talker to say something stupid, just wait. Not a minute later, he followed Marisol Castro's weather forcast by saying that hey, if there's that much rain in the forecast, he could just nickname the weathergirl "Parasol."

Nice job, Chris. A parasol is used to block sun, not rain. Hence the name "parasol," meaning, literally, "for the sun." You'd think an Ivy Leaguer would know this.

In more important news, my career as an official NFL blogger of Giants football begins today. I'll have the URL for you as soon as I know it for sure. Preview should be up (very personal in nature, but I actually do talk football in it) today, and I'll be back after the game with three key observations on Big Blue.

LET'S GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment