Wednesday, April 22, 2009

DirecTV

Effing DirecTV. They won't let me watch this game on MSG. I paid $160 for the NHL package so I could watch Rangers games this year. (Actually, my parents and sister bought it for me as a gift, but still.) I should be able to watch the game on any network that's showing it. Why am I stuck watching it on Versus with crappy Versus announcers? The announcers might be great, for all I know, but I want to hear Sam Rosen, my broadcasting idol.

I know the answer, of course: Versus has a national-TV deal and gets certain rights. If that's the case, why is MSG even allowed to show the game in New York? BECAUSE NEW YORKERS WANT THEIR OWN BROADCAST, THAT'S WHY! That goes for Washington fans, too. If I were a Caps fan, I'd want my hometown crew, not the Versus crew. Dammit. Glad I went through the top of the hour and actually saw the game get blacked out before I hit "pause" on the DVR to go finish cooking dinner. That's right, I'm cooking a steak over charcoal tonight. So I'll be watching on a delay for a little while. That's live enough for me, after three straight games of watching in the wee hours.

Beer, steak and playoff hockey. Right now I'm richer than Bill Gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment