Monday, October 26, 2009

The Genius of Gruden

I have a question: Why is it so hard on NFL.com to find the records for "Most Explosive Plays in the First Six or Seven Weeks of a Season"?

I ask because John Gruden just declared that Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson "has more explosive plays in the first six or seven weeks of the season than any guy in NFL history," and I just thought I'd do some research to see whose record Jackson broke in this category.

I haven't watched a 'Monday Night Football' game since the first one of the preseason, which ended in more Gruden stupidity, specifically the coach "analyzing" a rather amazing finish to an otherwise meaningless game by saying, "Wow! Monday Night Football on my birthday!"

I just finished watching a tremendous "30 in 30" documentary about the USFL on an ESPN network, and then I turn to another and hear this nonsense. I can't believe it's the same network.

Update: Jackson just muffed the Redskins' punt. I think that's explosive. Therefore he has just put a little more distance between himself and his pursuers for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment